Sunday, March 24, 2013

66. Shouldn’t this find a place in our Curriculum ?



            [Kerala University English Teacher Educator’s Forum - KUETEF]






Suppose each trainee during the one-year BEd course  is prompted to do something responsible won’t that collective  act lead to a transformation? Recently, I  came across  an innovative suggestion in  a book  gifted to  my College Library, entitled Transforming Indians to Transform  India. The book is part of a Chinmaya Mission Initiative  and  is published by Chinmaya Udghosh, Chennai  August  2012

12 Months, 12 Resolutions- 1 Transformed citizen..
Pick a resolution each month

1.I will volunteer my services at a social service project and inspire friends to take up some cause too.

2.I will not give or take bribes under any circumstances, and will also stop others from doing so.

3.I will  get to know my country better by exploring my town/state/country and visiting national monuments.

4.I will obey traffic rules at all times.

5.I will organize a neighbourhood cleaning drive in my locality.

6.I will  create awareness amongst my peers about the India Armed Forces, - the Army , Navy, Air force, etc.

7.I will study and then  share simple electricity-saving tactics with as  many people as possible.

8.I will walk/cycle when possible and restrict my usage of motorized vehicles.

9.I will organize a van mahostav, or green drive, in my neighbourhood to plant and protect trees.

10.I will tutor underprivileged children to help them with their studies.

11.I will learn Hindi and  one other Indian language that I don’t know.

12.I will not litter, and will encourage others not to litter.(P44)



 
Shouldn’t  these find a place in the  co-curricular  activities  of the  new BEd. Curriculum?

Please offer your comments...
Dr. C. Praveen
Secretary, KUETEF



        

No comments:

Post a Comment