Sunday, February 10, 2013

53.Atlast a feeling of exhilaration!


[Kerala University English Teacher Educator’s Forum - KUETEF]

A couple of years ago,  a  well wisher of mine, but one with a strong political affiliation invited me   to join his party  suggesting  that it would  fetch  me  a seat  in the   Board of Studies of the University  of Kerala. In tune with my  principles,  I politely rejected the offer.  And naturally,   I  was never ever invited to meetings  related to  the BEd programme now being offered in the University of Kerala. Even in  the recent recruitment to  teaching positions/ higher posts in Kerala State, my refusal to join any political party,   I strongly believe  led to my selection on the basis of  merit being suppressed  by  pressure groups with  political affiliations. And so my  prolonged wait in the sidelines  continued for  eight  long  years!

But  last week, something incredible happened. On  Friday (ie; 08 Feb 2013) I received a letter from the Chairman of the Board of Studies in Education (Pass), University of Kerala  directing  me to attend   a  combined  meeting of the Advisory Committee, the Core Committee and the Board of Studies in Education (UG) for discussion of the framework of the proposed BEd Curriculum.

I really do not know what prompted  them to invite me. My only guess is that ever since this Blog was launched,  I had been  publishing  several posts related to the  transaction of the BEd.  Curriculum and it must have caught their attention. They must also  have felt that the following posts do indeed  highlight issues/problems  faced  in  the  transaction of the current BEd. curriculum.


Interestingly enough, the total article views of KUETEF doubled in the last few months. 

In February 2013  the total article views of this Blog  crossed   4100

Thank  you   all   for  your support...

Dr. C. Praveen
Secretary, KUETEF

No comments:

Post a Comment